Members of the Marden Business Forum can submit their job vacancies and adverts to this website as part of their membership package. As a local community forum we hope that this will allow members of the local community to view employment opportunities that are present within Marden.
Please note that only vacancies from fully paid Marden Business Forum Members will be accepted, and all Job adverts will be moderated prior to publishing. Submitted Job Adverts may take up to 48 hours to be published.
- Tig Welder @ Burtons Medical Equipment Ltd
Job Title: Tig Welder
Location: Marden, Kent, TN12 9QJ
Due to a further increase in business, an exciting opportunity for an individual to experience working within the Burtons Group of Companies has arisen and we are looking to expand the team.
Burtons has been established for 38 years and is the leading company in manufacturing and supplying veterinary equipment in the UK.
The successful individual will report direct to the Manufacturing Workshop Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties
The role will require you to:
- Work from drawings
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations
- Produce stainless steel products, constructed for box section and sheets of varying thickness from 1mm to 5mm and cleaned to a high standard
- From time to time you may be required to use the following machinery:
- Pillar Drills
- Band saw
- Press brake.
Training will be provided where necessary.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have experience in Tig Welding
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication
- Good timekeeping
- Immediate start and normal working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Annual leave 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this role and feel that, you have the required skill sets then please submit your CV and current salary to Neil.Brown@burtons.uk.com
- Repair Centre Technician @ Burtons Medical Equipment Ltd
Job Title: Repair Centre Technician
A well-established company of over 38 years providing medical equipment within the Veterinary and Dental sectors. We supply, service and manufacture a wide variety of equipment to our customers across the UK & Ireland, as well as internationally.
We are dedicated and committed to offering our customers high quality products with excellence in the after sales service from our experienced team of field service engineers and repair centre technicians.
Our in house Repair Centre carries out inspections and repairs to a variety of equipment ranging from, patient monitors and dental units through to clippers and diagnostic equipment.
Our repair and endoscopy sector has seen substantial growth, so in order to maintain our expected high-level customer care we are looking to recruit an additional technician.
The main responsibilities of this role involve handling all aspects of the repair service, therefore including:
- Inspection – fault diagnosis – and repair of the equipment
- Updating the active job on our computer system throughout the repair cycle
- Undertaking the necessary repairs to a high standard, from routine maintenance to complete refurbishment
- Communicating with customers – providing quotations – answering queries etc.
- Testing each repair to ensure QA standards are achieved
- Preparing the equipment for dispatch
The successful candidate would ideally have experience repairing and maintaining a variety of electronic and mechanical equipment.
An ability to diagnose faults, source replacement parts and perform high quality repairs will be required.
The candidate will also have exceptional hand eye coordination and manual dexterity skills, will pay close attention to detail, have good communication and organisation ability, combined with basic knowledge of Microsoft software.
Training will be provided both internally and by our suppliers, which may involve some international travel.
- Basic Salary – Dependent upon experience
- Discretionary Monthly Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
If you are interested in this role and feel that, you have the required skill sets then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org