Job Title: Trainee Sales Engineer
A Sales Engineer is employed to work as part of the Internal Sales Team dealing directly with customers via the telephone and occasionally face to face.
The role involves determining client requirements, offering technical advice, and selecting products to suit their needs.
The sales engineer will use the internal CRM system to input and maintain client information and also produce quotations, orders and any necessary paperwork.
A knowledge of CAD software will allow the Sales Engineer to produce product drawings for internal and client use, and also to assist in the programming of CAM the factory floor.
In addition to the above general office duties, the sales engineer will be expected to be proactive in sales making regular contact with existing and potential clients.
On the job training will be given, but to succeed the candidate will require confidence, excellent computer skills.
*** PLEASE CHECK THE LOCATION OF THIS JOB PRIOR TO APPLYING, MARDEN IS A RURAL LOCATION ABOUT 20MINS OUTSIDE MAIDSTONE ***
*** NO AGENCIES ***
- To answer telephone, fax or email enquiries, ensuring they are answered promptly and confirmed by email or fax.
- To use the computerised CRM system including Quotations / Sales orders / Invoicing / Purchasing.
- To use CAD software to present drawings to colleagues and clients.
- To use CAD CAM software and machinery as part of the production process in the company.
- To perform the duties associated with the paperwork side of despatching goods, and on occasions where necessary perform the manual duties of that role.
- To maintain the office and its systems in a neat and tidy manner
- To be proactive in the sales of the company by telephone / email / mail / fax / ebay, and any other method that may be chosen by the company.
Customer Services, Confident Telephone Manner, Engineering, CAD experience, Works Well under Pressure, Self Motivated, Mathematics Beneficial, basic Microsoft IT Skills.
Small family run manufacturing company with approx 20 members of staff. We trade business to business in the main.
Hours: 8 – 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8-4pm Friday
Pay: From £12,000 – Negotiable for the right candidate
Application open from: 12 March 2014
Application closing date: 21 March 2014
How to Apply: Please contact James Ford for an application form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bays 2 & 3 Pattenden Lane,
Kent, TN12 9QS
Tel: 01622 832777